There are several reasons which lead to hair thinning/baldness among men. Of these, one of the main culprit for hair loss in men, is supposed to be the male hormone. A converted form of the male hormone is formed when the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase converts the male reproductive hormone. Normally 10 percent of it gets converted to a variant which is termed as a bad hormone due to its affect on hair follicles. This hormone plays a very important role in the early years of development of young male, but it’s seen to be a negative influence in the later years in some people.
LINK BETWEEN HIGH LEVELS OF HORMONE & HAIR LOSS:
- High levels of this hormone is one of the main cause of hair loss in men also considered and hence it is labelled as ‘bad hormone’.
- The bad hormone impacts the hair follicles negatively & shuts them down as its high levels blocks the proteins, vitamins, etc. to provide nourishment to the follicles.
- The bad hormone shortens the growth phase that results in miniaturization of follicles.
- The shunted growth of the hair shafts leads to thinning & balding.
BAD HORMONE AFFECTS DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS IN DIFFERENT WAYS:
- Studies & researches have proven that high Bad Hormone levels don’t lead to hair loss in all men in the same way.
- It is concluded that some men possess genes which makes their hair follicles more sensitive to Bad Hormone thus leading to its miniaturization.
SOLUTION 1: BLOCKING BAD HORMONE PRODUCTION IN THE SCALP
Diet including vitamins & minerals
- Vitamin A produces Sebum & prevents dandruff, flaky scalp.
- Vitamin B6 vital in producing hemoglobin which provides required amount of oxygen to the follicles essential for healthy hair.
- Vitamin C helps in production of Collagen on which depends the health of the hair.
- Vitamin E responsible for blood supply to the scalp.
- High protein products inhibit the bad hormone.
- Green tea, black tea
- Pumpkin seeds
- Almonds, cashew nuts, peanuts
- Tomato, carrot
- Banana, mangoes
- Oysters, tuna
SOLUTION 2: CONTROLLING BAD HORMONE SENSITIVITY
- Alkalized Blood: Research has established a link between alkaline food, acidic food & hair loss. While acidic ash aggravates hair loss, the alkaline ash inhibits the bad hormone, thus controlling hair loss.
- Reducing Allergies: Controlling the allergens is important in making the hair follicles less sensitive. We should be aware of food allergies & avoid them. Finding out about foods which create delayed allergic reactions in you, is very essential.
- Detox: If you want to control hair fall, practice of detoxifying is advised as toxins build up in the blood from time to time.
- Hormonal Balance: An imbalance in the hormonal levels leads an increase in the bad hormone level thus harming the follicles.
Thus, we see that a combination of varied factors will help to control the bad hormone in the scalp area providing a healthy environment to the hair follicles. Any medical conditions like diabetes, thyroid, etc. should be kept under control. Allergens to which you are prone should be avoided. All these together with a balanced diet will help to keep the problem of Bad Hormone under control.
THE FINAL WORD BY AHS EXPERT:
High levels of bad hormone leading to hair loss or balding, is a complicated issue. If you are eager to know how to reduce hair fall, please visit us at Advanced Hair Studio.