Hair fall problems can occur in different forms for different people. While some people experience thinning hair all over the head, others might lose hair in patches causing bald spots. It is also possible to be a victim of male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness that takes place in a certain pattern starting from the top of the head.
One such hair loss pattern is a receding hairline in which hair starts to grow thinner above the temples with age. This is more common among men than in women. It can occur at any age starting from the end of puberty. There are several medical and surgical treatments available to cure receding hairlines that can give guaranteed results.
Read with us to know more about receding hairline causes, receding hairline stages, and receding hairline treatment.
What Is Receding Hairline?
A receding hairline is a hair loss condition in which hair starts thinning above the temples. Receding hairline men is more common than receding hairline women. In this case, the hairline moves back towards the top of the head.
There are several causes behind receding hairline such as family history and hormonal changes. It can be diagnosed by undergoing a medical examination under the guidance of a hair specialist.
What Causes Receding Hairline?
Just like all other hair problems, a receding hairline can be caused because of varied reasons. Hair grows out of the hair follicles and if anything disrupts the hair growth cycle then hair starts falling out. The causes of receding hairline include:
- Family history: Receding hairline can be a hereditary trait with the hair follicles made too sensitive by certain male hormones. Men having a family history of baldness are most likely to experience this kind of thinning in a similar pattern as their family.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes are the major reason behind hair loss in women. It can occur at times of menopause, pregnancy, or in cases of PCOD causing excessive hair fall.
These are the basic reasons behind hair loss, however, it is recommended to consult a hair expert to properly identify the cause behind your hair loss issues. They may conduct tests such as a pull-out test to see how many and how easily your hair falls out.
Your hair specialist can also perform a biopsy of scalp tissues or hair to identify any scalp infection causing hair fall. They will also study your family medical history to identify the hereditary influence on your hair condition. Further, experts can recommend some blood tests to identify any other underlying medical conditions causing hair loss.
Can Receding Hairline Grow Back?
After proper identification of the cause behind the receding hairline, it is possible to grow it back by undergoing treatment timely. If the cause behind your hair fall is not medical, you don’t have to worry much since it will get alright on its own in some time. However, in case of a medical condition, you might have to take proper treatment.
Laser therapy can be a suitable treatment for people experiencing receding hairlines. In this procedure, with the use of light energy hair follicles are stimulated to promote hair growth. The blood supply increases making the hair follicles receive all the necessary nutrients to grow hair.
Further, if the condition is severe already you can also opt for a hair transplant in which hair follicles are transplanted from one part of the head with sufficient hair to other bad spots in the head. It helps in regrowing hair naturally in the bald patches in 6-12 months.
Therefore, if you undergo effective treatment of receding hairline timely, it is possible to regrow hair after experiencing a receding hairline.
Does Receding Hairline Mean Baldness?
Receding hairline is the commencement of balding if you do not take proper care. Hair fall starts when the hair follicles have become either dormant or dead. If the hair follicles are in a dormant state, you can do various things by employing medical treatments and even natural remedies. However, if your hair follicles are dead already then you might have to undergo hair restoration surgery.
Thus, a receding hairline is a warning signal for you to start taking good care of your hair to prevent baldness. It is recommended by experts to start a hair fall treatment as early as possible to receive the best results.
How Long Does It Take To Go Bald After Receding Hairline?
The time is taken for different treatments to show results can vary. A hair transplant treatment takes about 6-12 months to give significant results. While on the other hand, laser therapy can give significant results in about 2-3 months. Other medical treatments can also provide results earlier than this.
Another factor in the time taken for receding hairline regrowth is your current condition. If your hair has only started falling it is easier to regrow them. However, if the hair follicles are dead already you might take longer to regrow hair.
What Diet Should You Take in Hair Fall Treatment?
Our hair needs nourishment like all other body parts to grow strong and healthy. The deficiency of vitamins and protein is one of the major reasons behind hair loss problems making the hair follicles as well as the hair roots weak. Here are some important vitamins that you must include in your diet to get rid of hair fall:
- Vitamin A: In order to grow, all the cells in our body including our hair tissues need vitamin A. Vitamin A helps the scalp in producing sebum, an oily hair substance that keeps the hair healthy and moisturizes the scalp. A deficiency of vitamin A can directly cause hair fall. However, an excess of vitamin A can also be harmful, and therefore, you must balance the consumption. Foods rich in vitamin A include carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, milk, yogurt, pumpkins, spinach, and cod liver oil.
- B-vitamins: Biotin used in several hair fall treatments is one of the primary sources of nutrients for hair growth. It has been found out that deficiency of biotin causes hair loss problems. B-vitamins contribute to creating red blood cells which carry oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles. Food rich in B-vitamins includes fish, meat, almonds, leafy vegetables, seafood, and whole grains.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C plays a major role in protecting the hair against oxidative stress which is caused by free radicals. Further, it helps make collagen, an important part of hair structure, and helps in absorbing iron which is necessary for hair growth. Foods rich in vitamin C include strawberries, guavas, peppers, and citrus fruits.
- Vitamin D: Alopecia, a common hair loss problem is caused due to vitamin D deficiency. This vitamin helps in growing the hair follicle as well as keeping it active. The best source of vitamin D is natural sunlight. However, it can also be consumed in food products such as cod liver oil, fatty fish, and mushrooms.
- Vitamin E: Similar to vitamin C, vitamin E also helps in the prevention of oxidative stress caused by free radicals. It is directly connected with hair growth which makes the consumption of vitamin E important. Foods rich in Vitamin E include sunflower seeds, almonds, spinach, and avocado.
- Iron: Iron helps the red blood cells in carrying oxygen to all the cells in the body. This is the reason why iron consumption is important for hair growth. Further, iron deficiency can also cause anemia which is responsible for hair problems in women. Foods rich in iron include oysters, clams, eggs, lentils, and spinach.
- Zinc: Zinc helps majorly in the repair and growth of hair tissues. It also aids in keeping the oil glands around the hair follicles healthy as well as active. Therefore, zinc deficiency has been found out to be directly related to hair loss problems. Foods rich in zinc include oysters, lentils, beef, spinach, and pumpkin seeds.
- Protein: Protein stands as the most essential requirement for healthy hair growth since the hair is made almost entirely of protein. Therefore, protein deficiency causes slow hair growth and increased hair loss. Foods rich in protein include eggs, milk, fish, yogurt, and other dairy products.
Consuming a well-balanced diet would help reduce hair loss in all cases. It should be the first thing you pay attention to while wondering how to fix the receding hairline. A hair specialist can also guide you on the best food to eat while experiencing different forms of hair loss.
Further, it is possible to hide the receding hairline by experimenting with receding hairline haircuts, especially in cases of receding hairline teenagers. There are multiple solutions if only you start taking care of your hair and getting the appropriate treatment timely.
At Advanced Hair Studio, we provide the Best treatment of receding hairlines with our latest technology. We house experienced and skilled hair experts who can provide you with a solution for all kinds and all stages of hair fall problems. Our treatments include Strand-by-Strand Ultimate, Strand-by-Strand Cosmetic, flashpoints, AHS home program, AHS complete, receding hairline treatment as well as advanced laser therapy.
We have served over a million clients including around 10,000 celebrities all across the globe at our 300+ centers and alliances. We have a 100% client satisfaction rate since we prioritize our client’s experience and satisfaction. We understand the mental toll that hair loss problems can cause and therefore, we provide you with the best treatment possible.
Feel free to look around our website to gather more information on our varied services and products. Our clients’ testimonials and before-after photographs are proof of our excellent services.
Book an appointment with our experts today and get rid of all your hair troubles.