It’s beach season in Dubai! Beach time means sun, sand, chlorine, and salty ocean water. While this trifecta may be the perfect recipe for a relaxing day at the beach, jumping in the pool or getting out on a yacht, it can be a nightmare for your hair. With the sea breeze whipping through your strands and the sun baking them to a crisp, keeping your hair looking and feeling healthy during beach time can be challenging.
But fear not beach bums! With a little know-how and some expert hair care tips, you can keep your hair looking fabulous all year long. From protective hairstyles to hydrating treatments, we've got the inside scoop on how to keep your locks looking their best.
So grab your sunscreen, toss on a cute hat, and join us as we dive into beach hair care. From messy buns to leave-in conditioners, we'll show you how to keep your hair looking gorgeous, even in the face of all the beachy elements. So let's get started, and get ready to rock the beach with your beautiful hair.
What is Happening?
Exposure to the sun, sand, chlorine, and sea water can make your hair brittle and prone to breakage. Add to that some humidity and your hair can soon become a matted, frizzy and tangled mess.
When your hair is exposed to the elements for a long time, your cuticles and hair shaft get harmed, which increases the likelihood of breakage and split ends. Dehydration brought on by the saltwater might also result in dull, lifeless hair.
To avoid having dry, damaged hair that is hard to manage and style, you must protect your hair from these elements. Using hair care products made for sun protection for your hair and shielding them from seawater and humidity is crucial.
Moreover, it would help to avoid over-washing your hair since this can strip it of its natural oils and increase its susceptibility to damage. Protecting your hair from these components is critical to keep it healthy and beautiful throughout sun exposure.
The Scientific Reasoning
The environment, including the sun, sand, saltwater, chlorine, and humidity, can greatly affect the hair shaft. The hair shaft may be harmed by exposure to these factors, resulting in dryness and breakage.
Hair that has been exposed to the sun may become fragile and dry. The protein connections in the hair can be damaged by the sun's UV radiation, weakening the strands, which may result in breakage and split ends over time. Also, sun exposure to the scalp can irritate it and speed up the hair-thinning process.
You can harm your hair cuticles by exposing them to seawater, sand, chlorine and sun. When sand or saltwater is left in the hair, it can twist and knot, making it difficult to comb or brush out and potentially damage the hair. Besides hair drying, saltwater can make it fragile and more prone to breakage, leading to hair damage. Prolonged damage to the UVA & UVB rays can make the outer layer of the hair, i.e., cuticles to, discolor, turn brittle, and end up with split ends.
Hair Strands and Humidity
- Excessive humidity levels can make hair frizzy and difficult to manage. That’s because heat and humidity cause your cuticles to open and this leaves the hair strand exposed, brittle and easy to damage.
- The protection of hair from various environmental influences is crucial overall. Using a UV hair protection spray or wearing a hat can help shield hair from the sun's damaging rays. Moreover, thoroughly cleaning hair after swimming in seawater can guard against sand and salt damage.
- You can lessen humidity's effects by using hair treatment products that prevent frizz and hydrate your hair. A few hair tips and tricks can help follicles remain robust and healthy even when exposed to all the elements of a fun day at the beach.
SolutionEnjoy the sand, sun, and surf! Beach days in the pleasant weather in Dubai might be great, but they can also ruin your hair. Your hair can easily become dry, brittle, and damaged due to sun exposure, chlorine, saltwater, and sand. But don't worry! You can keep your strands feeling and looking their best all year long with appropriate beach haircare advice.
- Shield your Hair from Sunlight. All of us have heard about protecting the face from the sun because of its harmful rays. Your hair may also suffer from the sun's UV rays, becoming dry, frail, and prone to breakage. When spending time in the sun, use a UV hair sun protection spray or a scarf to protect your hair. An SPF leave-in conditioner may protect your hair from damaging sun rays.
- Use Fresh Water to Rinse Your Hair. It's crucial to rinse your hair with fresh water before and after swimming in the pool or ocean to get rid of any accumulated salt, chlorine, and sand, and it is better to use a leave-in conditioner to help rebond and nourish your hair strands, such as Advanced Hair Studio’s B5 Restructurer after your dip. Get chlorine/saltwater out of your hair as quickly as possible to avoid damage because it can dry the ends. Another option is to bring a bottle of leave-in conditioner B5 restructurer to the beach and use it on your hair after rinsing it with fresh water.
- Enjoy Beachy Waves Consider applying a texturizing spray to accentuate your natural waves. Without weighing it down or making it look greasy, these items can help give your hair that beachy, unstyled look. One impressive option is Advanced Hair Studio’s Gel Spray. When applied, this hair product gives a natural-looking, gentle to medium hold without leaving any sticky or stiff residue. It also lends control and manageability if applied to damp hair before styling and locks in moisture, slowing the drying process. The solution is not harsh, is simple to wash away, and contains D-panthenol for conditioning your hair and sunscreen to safeguard overall hair health and colour.
- Use a Deep Conditioning Treatment. Your hair may become dry, delicate, and damaged due to frequent sun exposure at the beach. To help nourish and restore your hair, consider using a deep conditioning treatment once a week to combat this. You can also consider adding moisture and shine using a moisture-active conditioner or serum. The leave-in hair conditioner, like B5 Restructurer, offered by Advanced Hair Studio, is a splendid lightweight moisturising option that strengthens and restructures hair, leaving a healthy, natural shine. D Panthenol-pro vitamin B5, proteins, and humectants condition and strengthen hair keeping it in control. Sunscreen is also included to protect against UV rays.
- Safeguard your Hair While Swimming. The chlorine content in a pool may damage your hair, even if it might be a great way to enjoy the pleasant UAE weather. Before diving in, consider donning a swim cap or applying a leave-in conditioner to your hair to protect it. Before and after swimming, you can rinse your hair with fresh water to help eliminate any chlorine that may have accumulated.
- Choose Protective Fashions Consider using braids or a bun if you want a low-maintenance hairstyle that will shield your hair from the elements. Heavy styling products and hairstyles are a big no in the UAE humidity. However, a bun helps shield your ends from harm, while braids keep your hair out of your face and avoid tangles. Alternatively, you can wear a scarf or hat to shield your hair from the wind and sun.
- Remember to Stay Hydrated Last but simply not least, it's critical to remember that your hair needs to be hydrated from the inside out. All year long, you can maintain the health of your hair by drinking lots of water and eating a balanced, healthy diet. Consider taking a hair supplement to encourage strong, healthy hair.