Have you been experiencing excessive hair fall? Finding strands of hair everywhere from your hairbrush to the shower drain and even around your pillow is sure to put you off. However, you must not worry since hair loss problems are common in people of all ages and gender. These are, in fact, more common in men known as male pattern baldness than in women.
There are multiple reasons behind hair loss, some of which can be controlled while others cannot and have to be treated. The causes include a change in lifestyle, excessive styling and use of chemicals, lack of proper hair care routine, deficiency of nutrients, and serious medical ailments. It is possible to control hair loss at the initial stage by employing certain natural remedies while only medical and surgical hair fall treatments can be effective for later stages of hair loss.
Read with us to know the best way to stop hair fall, home remedy for hair fall as well as best hair fall treatment.
10 Ways To Stop Hair Fall
Hair fall can be controlled in multiple ways. However, the primary step in controlling hair loss is the identification of the reason behind the hair loss problem. It is only after properly identifying the reason one can follow the appropriate medical treatment or home remedy. Here are some ways in which you can stop hair loss:
- Scalp massage: An oil scalp massage can ameliorate blood circulation thereby providing the hair follicles with the necessary nutrients and blood supply to grow healthy hair. A scalp massage can also aid in relaxing a person and reducing stress which is one of the most common reasons behind hair loss problems. You can also add a few drops of essential oil while massaging your scalp to further strengthen your hair.
- Minimize styling: Since most of the styling procedures involve heat, it can damage your hair immensely. Not just heat but the chemicals present in hair creams and other hair products can also damage your hair roots and weaken them. It is therefore recommended to minimize styling to control hair loss.
- Balanced diet: Just like other body parts, the hair also needs nourishment to stay in the best shape and keep growing. The primary source of providing nutrition to your hair is by taking a well-balanced diet rich in iron, zinc, and protein. It has been found out that deficiency of vitamins is a major reason behind hair loss problems and therefore it becomes imperative to focus on eating well.
- Smoking and Drinking: Smoking frequently can mess with your blood flow and damage the hair follicles thereby hampering hair growth. Alcohol, on the other hand, causes dehydration and can hamper the scalp's ability to absorb nutrients. Drinking and smoking occasionally are alright, however, an excess of these two things can cause hair loss.
- De-stress: Stress is one of the major factors behind hair loss problems. It is important to de-stress yourself by engaging in activities such as yoga and meditation. Further, exercising regularly can contribute to good hair health by ameliorating your blood circulation and overall health.
- Laser hair therapy: Laser hair therapy is a non-surgical treatment that uses light energy to stimulate the hair follicles. It is a pain-free procedure that can activate the hair follicles and prevent hair breakage. This procedure can prove to be helpful in cases of thinning hair and early stages of hair loss.
- Medicinal shampoos and drugs: In certain cases, using medicinal hair fall control shampoos can be very effective in reducing hair fall. Additionally, you can also take drugs to control hair loss. Your hair specialist can prescribe the best hair fall control shampoos and drugs suitable for your case.
- Hair masks: Home remedies for hair loss include the use of hair masks that can provide adequate conditioning to the hair follicles keeping the hair strong. You can use aloe vera gel or egg on the scalp to nourish the scalp externally and strengthen the hair. Using coffee beans and green tea leaves can also be effective in certain cases.
- Keep the scalp clean: Many times the reason behind hair loss is the clogging of hair follicles caused on account of the unclean scalp. It can also cause scalp infections and dandruff that might contribute to hair loss. It is recommended to wash your hair at least thrice a week to keep your scalp clean and healthy.
- Regular trimming: Hair growth takes place in three stages, the last of which involves hair thinning, split ends, and hair breakage. It is therefore recommended to follow a regular trimming schedule to stop this phase from occurring. Regular trimming promotes hair growth and helps in preventing unnecessary hair breakage.
These are some of the general tips on how to stop losing hair that works for most people. However, you must consult a hair specialist if you do not see any significant results by employing these measures for a month or two. It is best to get a professional scalp diagnosis done and start the appropriate hair loss treatment timely to cure hair loss.
What Are the Causes of Hair Fall?
There are multiple causes behind hair loss problems that can vary from person to person. These include:
Hereditary factors: In most cases, hereditary factors cause hair loss problems. If your parents had hair loss issues, you are likely to experience the same. Hair loss caused due to hereditary factors is called alopecia. It is more common among men than women.
Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes caused due to PCOD, menopause, excessive testosterone, or hyperthyroidism can be a reason behind hair loss problems. Hormonal changes increase the sensitivity of hair follicles and weaken the hair roots leading to hair fall.
Pregnancy: Postpartum hair loss is very common which can be caused due to the rising sensitivity of hair follicles and weakening of the hair roots. It is caused due to hormonal imbalances, dehydration, and fatigue experienced by new mothers and pregnant women.
Physical and mental stress: Excessive stress or physical activities can cause dehydration in the body leading to hair loss. Weight loss, persistent illness, and physical labor can all be a reason behind hair loss issues.
Scalp infection: Scalp infection caused due to an unkept scalp or other medical conditions can weaken the hair roots and damage the hair follicles thereby causing hair loss. In certain cases, this is the reason behind hair loss and must be treated to ensure healthy hair growth.
Besides these common reasons, there can be other causes behind hair loss which can be identified only after going through your medical and family history. It is recommended to consult a hair specialist and get a thorough scalp diagnosis done to identify the real cause behind hair loss.
Can Hair Grow Back After Balding?
Hair growth occurs from a hair follicle that is present on the scalp. Till the time a hair follicle is active, it continues to grow hair. The reason behind restricted hair growth is the death or dormancy of a hair follicle. It is, therefore, possible to regrow hair after baling if the hair follicles are activated once again.
Natural remedies and medical treatments can be helpful only in cases of initial hair loss. However, in the cause of complete balding only surgical treatments can give the desired results.
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are transplanted from one part of the head with sufficient hair to other bald spots. Hair transplants can help regrow hair in cases of balding as well since they re-activate the hair follicles. The only condition for undergoing a hair transplant is that there should be enough donor sites to transplant hair follicles from.
Therefore, it is possible to grow hair even after balding if you undergo the treatment timely.
At Advanced Hair Studio, we provide the best treatment for hair loss with an experience of over 45 years. Our highly skilled and experienced hair specialists and hair surgeons can guide you on how to stop hair fall using natural remedies as well as how to stop hair fall immediately using medical and surgical treatments.
Our hair loss treatments have been the choice of millions over the years with about 10,000 celebrities from Hollywood, Bollywood, and sports also choosing and endorsing our services. Our experts can provide you with solutions for all kinds and stages of hair loss problems and send you back home a happy person. We understand the trauma that hair problems can cause and therefore we provide you with the best treatment possible. Book an appointment at Advanced Hair Studio today to get rid of all your hair troubles.