While some people are blessed with dense natural hair, most of us, however, struggle to grow even an inch of hair. Hair growth depends on a combination of factors, such as genes, environmental causes and lifestyle choices. But, this article will show how to make your hair grow faster.
We will look at the different phases of hair growth, the reasons for hair damage and hair fall and the tips and tricks for easy hair growth. Our quick hair growth tips will not only help you re-grow your hair but will also help you to prevent hair fall or hair loss
Our 10 tips on how to grow hair faster will banish all your hair problems. These tips will improve the hair growth rate and help you to take care of your precious locks from the comfort of your home.
How fast does hair really grow?
To answer the question of how to improve hair growth, we must look at the life cycle of a hair strand. This will enable you to understand the science behind easy hair growth. Hair has 4 phases of growth: Anagen, Catagen, Telogen and Exogen.
- Anagen: The growing phase is called the Anagen phase. It lasts for about 2 to 7 years. This phase actually determines the length of your hair.
- Catagen: This phase is called the Transition phase or the Catagen phase. The hair strand in this phase shrinks and detaches from the dermal layer. This phase lasts for about 10 days.
- Telogen: This phase lasts for about three months and is called the Resting phase or the Telogen phase. This is the phase when old hair rests and new hair strands start emerging.
- Exogen: This phase is called the New Resting phase or the Exogen phase. In this phase, the old hair falls off and new hair starts growing. A total of 50 to 100 hair strands can fall off daily.
In order to grow your hair, you must go through all the phases. Although there are no short-cuts for hair growth, there are a few tips and tricks that you can adopt to make your hair grow faster.
How long does hair take to grow?
The American Academy of Dermatology says that hair grows half an inch per month. So in a year, the hair can grow to a total length of about 6 inches. hair can grow to a total length of about 6 inches. In order to quickly grow your hair, you need to turn on the Anagen or the growth phase of the hair.
While scientists are still trying to figure out what triggers the Anagen phase, there are tips to encourage the Anagen phase of hair growth.
What factors can affect hair growth?
Hair growth is a result of a number of factors including genetics, age, environmental factors and lifestyle choices.
- Genetics: Genes are the most important factors for hair growth. One particular research has shown that activation of a particular gene called the gene Lhx2 leads to increased hair growth. This has been demonstrated by Leif Carlsson's research team at Umeå University in Sweden.
- Environmental factors: Certain environmental factors such as harmful UV rays, dust and pollution are bad for hair. They damage hair strands, make hair dry and frizzy and can even lead to hair loss.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle choices may also affect hair growth. Hair growth is prompted by the living cells that can be found under the hair follicles. Good blood circulation that can be achieved through regular brushing and gentle hair oil massages can lead to hair growth.
Which food is good for hair growth?
There are a couple of food items that can promote hair growth. Here’s a look:
- Eggs contain protein and biotin, both of which are great for hair growth.
- Berries contain certain compounds and antioxidants that are great for long and luscious hair.
- Citrus fruits like oranges are filled with collagen that promotes hair growth. They also make your skin glow.
- Avocados are great sources of vitamins E, C and D - all of which are great for hair growth.
How can I speed up hair growth?
Here are the 10 simple tips that can really boost your hair growth. Here’s a look:-
- Brush your hair carefully: Brushing your hair can really promote hair growth by activating the cells that lie below hair follicles. These cells are responsible for triggering on the Anagen phase of hair growth. Once the Anagen phase is triggered, your hair follicles will start growing.
- Shampoo your hair regularly: This will make sure that the scalp is free of dust and grime, thereby promoting hair growth. If you suffer from dandruff, then use an anti-dandruff shampoo to keep your scalp clean. Keeping your scalp clean is crucial for hair growth.
- Conditioning your hair is a must: Conditioner locks the moisture of your hair follicles, thereby preventing it from drying up. Loss of moisture can make your hair dry and frizzy leading to hair damage and hair fall. This may also affect the length of your hair.
- Avoid heating equipment like curlers and straighteners: This is because electronic heating equipment can dry up your hair and may make your hair frizzy. They can also lead to hair breakage and split-ends, thereby negatively affecting the height of your hair.
- Avoid brushing your hair vigorously: This is because brushing hair vigorously may lead to injury on the scalp. It may also lead to hair damage including hair loss. Further, it may influence the Catagen phase of your hair’s life cycle, thereby influencing the hair length.
- Chuck the use of plastic: Plastic combs may lead to the development of static electricity that may cause your hair to become dry. Dry and frizzy hair is not good for long tresses.
- Supplements: Vitamins and supplements, especially Omega-3 supplements and supplements of vitamins D, C and E are good for hair regrowth. Although much more research is needed, however, it is safe to say that certain supplements may be good for your hair, as they have no side effects.
- Blood circulation: Hair oil massage and hair spas help in improving the blood circulation of the scalp, promoting hair growth as a result.
- Try to eat a healthy and balanced diet: A wholesome diet based on legumes, good fats, fruits and vegetables is good for both the skin and the hair. Also, increase the protein intake of your diet as hair growth requires protein
- Take keratin supplements: Hair follicles are mainly made up of keratin. Taking keratin supplements have shown to result in reduction in hair loss and improvement in hair strength with greater brightness and lustre.
This article explored the subject of how to grow hair faster. While scientists are still researching the exact cause of hair growth, our quick hair growth tips will certainly show a noticeable difference in your hair length. These easy hair growth tips trigger the so-called Anagen phase of the hair's lifecycle and positively influence your hair growth rate.
We looked at what to do for rapid hair growth. These include brushing your hair carefully to regular shampooing, using a natural conditioner, eating a healthy diet and taking certain supplements for a faster hair growth rate. Hopefully, our quick hair growth tips will have a positive impact on your hair growth.
Scalp acne also causes the scalp to flare up and can cause decreased hair growth. Clogged pores often lead to acne on the scalp. Keeping the hair washed with shampoos can help treat the acne.
Excess oil on the scalp is washed away by using shampoo. We offer a great range of shampoos and conditioners under the Carl Howell Hair Care Products Range.
For more than 47 years now, Advanced Hair Studio has been showing men and women how to improve their hair growth. We not only show you how to make your hair grow faster but also have a range of hair therapies and treatments for hair loss and hair damage.
Some of our best-selling treatments include Advanced Laser Therapy, Strand-by-Strand Ultimate, Strand-by-Strand Cosmetic, Advanced Hair Studio’s Home Program and many more. Visit our hair clinics in the UAE today for all your hair problems.