Hair thinning and balding is a traumatic experience that breaks the confidence of the person and at times leads to depression, especially if the affected person is young. Add to this the pressure of looking for the best hair loss treatment, which certainly aggravates the tension in the panic-stricken soul.
Some people believe that hair loss medication is the best option as it needs no surgery & is effective too. But there are others who perceive hair transplant surgery is the only permanent solution to this problem. Best advice for such people is to research, compare and make an informed decision, keeping in mind all the pros & cons.
Hair Transplant Surgery
- Hair transplant is a surgical procedure of hair restoration that is most effective for people suffering from baldness or acute thinning.
- In this procedure, the healthy hair follicles are taken from the donor site and implanted in the affected area.
- It is a one-day surgical process, without any risks, but in some patients more than one sitting may be needed.
- After the procedure the result starts showing in 3 months and may take up to one year to give complete satisfactory result.
- It is the most sought-after treatment because its success rate is high.
- It restores growth of natural hair and therefore, is most rewarding.
- Once the new hair settles down, there is no botheration.
- The flip side of this is that it has its limitations; if a person is suffering from higher level of balding then this may not work.
- It is an expensive treatment as compared to other options.
- It involves surgery with great precision, therefore, if not performed by an expert, the results may not be rewarding.
- It is a time taking process and may take 8-10 months for the expected result to show.
Hair Loss Medication
- There are two medicines 1) Minoxidil & 2) Finasteride which are effectively used in hair loss treatment as both are MHRA licensed & FDA approved.
- They arrest hair loss and hence, slow down thinning & stimulate the deep-rooted follicles.
- If taken regularly, these medicines have proven to be effective.
- These medicines work only till the time they are taken; once their consumption is stopped, the hair strands start shedding.
- There is still no concrete evidence of hair restoration from medicines; they work more as slowing down agents.
- Finasteride blocks DHT and has shown some side effects in the way of regular use impacting the sexual life of takers.
- These are not cost effective as they have to be taken regularly, year over year.
Looking at all the facts, it is quite evident that hair transplant is a long lasting and most rewarding solution for sufferers of hair loss. Medications work for short term & are not able to reverse the process.
Denizens of UAE looking for most effective hair transplant in Dubai must avail exemplary services of AHS which has best of surgeons who have tons of experience in this field. There are thousands of satisfied clients of AHS, some of them well-known celebrities, who have had successful hair transplant